Latest Trends in Fashion for 2020
It's only the first quarter of the year, and most of us are no longer equipped in facing our day to day challenges in style. So, if you’re like us, then you are also in dire need of items in keeping our wardrobes fresh! Fortunately, we have prepared a list of the trends of 2020 which you can use in arriving ready for every occasion you attend trendy and in style. Let's get right into it!
There’s plenty for you to love with this year’s denim scene. Here are the details that you should look out for if you are looking for ways in updating your baby blues:
- Embroidery – if you are crafty, then now is the time for you to take out for your needles for embroidery and flock a pair of mom jeans with whimsical embroidered details. You can also buy jeans that has these details just like us!
- Interesting hems – hems of denim are getting something that’s extra with bows, laces, slit-openings in the knees or ankles and fringes.
- Embellishment and add-ons – pearls, studs, and a few rhinestones in your denim make interesting style updates. We've seen add-ons on lots of jeans sold in stores now!
- Straight legs – a more relaxed version compared to the resiliently famous skinny, the straight leg style, as we’ve seen in runways, are going to be front and center in the next months.
- Dark rinses – there’s nothing that is too dark with rinses for jeans in 2020. What are you waiting for? Try out an ultra deep-hued pair of jeans for a more polished twist to the casual staple.
- Lower rises - just when you think denim can’t get any higher, jeans get low again. They're not the incredibly low rise we’ve seen in the early 2000s. instead, they’re just a tad bit low slung, being hip-grazing. They are the ones that are currently loved by our favorite street style stars.
Athleisure, as it turns out, won’t be going anywhere. Yes, whether you like it or not. Anyway, who does not love the fact that you can just lounge and run errands wearing the same wardrobe pieces? Sleek leggings, hoodies, and tailored joggers are just some of the casual staples that we are currently relying on. For this new year, we are also seeing lots of variations such as luxe materials, bright colors, and different fits. Be sure that you are well-stocked with the essentials when it comes to athleisure as this style is the epitome for casual and easy going.
Nautical themes are also making waves lately. Set sail to a brand new style direction and add some nautical flair onto your wardrobe. The trend (that we also love) is about charming motifs and bold strips. Incorporate them into your tees, dresses, and tops. You can also combine them with elements that lend texture such as strappy wedges and straw clutches. By then, you will be ready for a vacation in an island or prepped for the warmer months that are fast approaching.
Lighter and brighter sweaters
Both in weight and color, sweater are getting a much lighter take this year. For a trendy outfit, try a cardigan that’s in a soft or pastel hue. You can also pull a turtleneck that is a bit thinner with a breathable fabric like rayon, viscose, cotton or poly blend that gives the skin some fresh air it needs. With a bright, flexible knit, you’ll be able to bridge the gap in between seasons. You can also banish dreary winter hues, finally!
Black is the brand new black. This obsidian hue never goes out of style and it’s getting more attention. Try out an all-black outfit with a pair of skinny jeans and black top or sweater. Add some oomph using a pair of leopard print flats as well as a bold lip in red or purple. That's likely going to get you the lasting impression we all crave sometimes.
Floral wrap dresses
Like black, the shape-savvy silhouette’s going to be a mainstay. However, we will be focusing on the staple dress style for the years to come. A wrap can come in different lengths, and often features flouncy floral prints that deserve all of our undivided attention. There are also those that are looser styles which are called kimono wraps.
Prepared for the skirts styles that are at leg-baring lengths. You can contrast the lack of material with juxtaposing short skirts with tights, long sleeves, and outerwear. Keep your heels at a modest height in order to gain a sophisticated look.
Which trends will you add to your closet to give it an update? If you’re in need of new pieces, check out our collection as we’re sure they’re gonna help a lot in keeping a wardrobe fresh.